Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A New Beginning

First of all, thanks to everyone who kept up with the blog during South By Southwest. It felt great knowing that you were checking in on us and hopefully you enjoyed some of the stories, pictures, and music that we posted here.

The question is, now that SXSW is over, what do I do with this site? I could just do nothing and let it stagnate, un-updated like half of the content on the internet (it's pretty frustrating when you realize all the preliminary research you've been putting in to a 'new' form of multimodal teaching techniques was in fact last modified in January of 1997).

No, instead I think I'll keep it going. There have been plenty of times I've heard some great new music, read an interesting article, or found some ridiculously good cheap eats and wanted everyone to know about it, but had no platform.

Yes, I realize that I have no specific qualifications that single me out against all the other jamokes currently in the blogging game, but it's my hope that in some way the breadth of topics that I'll touch upon will be unique, if in no other way than by being my own, and therefore different, than what's already out there.

So, if anyone's still reading, I hope you'll check in every once in a while and let me know how I'm doing.

Oh, and a quick teaser: We're about to take in two kittens from a local shelter, so you can count on some pictures of them in the next couple of days to start things off!

No comments:

Post a Comment